Mission StatementOur club is dedicated to promoting competitive long-distance running and physical fitness.
GoalTo provide competitive runners with the tools they need to achieve their highest potentials and to provide scholarships to qualified runners based on the availability of club funds.
About the Club
Southern California Road Runners (SCRR) of Walnut is a non-profit running club and is a proud member of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA). As a 501(c) not-for-profit organization, we are committed to providing a variety of safe, fun, and friendly environments for runners at a low cost.
- SCRR of Walnut is a running club with yearly dues of $25.00 per single member or $35.00 per family (at the same address). Youth team members come in at $10.00.
- Coach and Board members are volunteers. Dues money goes towards insurance and club activities.
- Adult club members are ages 18 and over
- Youth team members are ages 7 to 17
- We are a year-round training program offering training for road racers, cross country and track runners
- Adult club members meet to train Sunday through Thursday. Weeknights at 6:30 PM and weekends at 8 AM
- Youth team members meet to train Monday through Thursday. The coach may call Saturday practices as needed. USATF and AUU meets are usually on Sundays, where they will race.
- We have youth scholarships and adult sponsorship programs, which can help with race entries, travel expenses, and uniforms. The programs are based on the availability of club funds and if the athlete meets certain requirements.
- We organize races to raise funds for these programs. Members and youth team parents will be asked to volunteer or participate at these races. It is completely up to each member whether they volunteer or not.
- There are 5 to 6 fundraiser races throughout the year. There are 6 to 8 fun special events throughout the year. With these activities we foster friendships through communications. Also, the running events and social events have leadership opportunities which can give you an all-around experience of physical fitness matched with friendship and social bonds not found in many places.
- Find the Youth Scholarship Program guidelines on the Youth page
- Go to Adult Sponsorship for information on the program.
- We are a competitive running club of all abilities. Come out to learn the basics of racing. Learn from runners who have many years of racing at all distances, some with over 25 years.
- We have members who have been with the Southern California Road Runners for twenty years.
- SCRR has been in existence for over 50 years.
- Head Coach Danny – 22 years coaching Road Runners
- Many top high school runners from his program
- Many college runners from his program
- High school coaches from his program
- Olympic trial runners from his program
- Beginners to veteran marathoners, high school students to adults, Boston qualifiers and more
- Scholarships for Road Runners entering high school
- Youth summer running camp